Old 25-05-2009, 10:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Nothing like enjoying the fruits of your labor...

In article ,
"Lilah Morgan" wrote:

Had 2 strawberries so far with quite a few more turning red which tasted so
much sweeter than storebought, and some lettuce. Not too much else yet, it's
still early in the season here since got such a late start, but I've seen
baby cherries on our tree, and the tomato plants are starting to bloom, got
a couple baby cayenne peppers, and one of the broccoli plants has a nice
head growing. The herbs are happy(especially the mint and sage), and the
potatoes, onions, and garlic are prolific as well. And I'm making myself too
hungry...

I'm a full month ahead of the last two years, 2 tomatillos, 5, inch long
crooknecks on one plant and others blooming, some Brandywines and San
Marzanos in bloom, 2 California Wonders in bloom, lettuce and radishes a
couple of times a week, strawberries, onions, celery, and parsley in
bloom (yeah, yeah I know but it's purrdy), thyme in bloom, potatoes in
bloom, new parsley and cilantro 7 - 13 cm tall, and I learned, to my
chagrin, that stinging nettle is a perennial here. Sage has been going
nuts (1.5 m. in dia.) for 6 weeks now. It's loaded with bees. Oregano is
recovering from transplant, tarragon in full swing, rhubarb ready for
picking. Lots of spearmint and peppermint coming up. Considering letting
the passion fruit out of its container, and 2 Meyer lemons are in bloom.
Ack, and I'm not finished planting.
--

- Billy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En2TzBE0lp4