Old 26-05-2009, 03:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Dr. Schwarcz replies

In article
. easynews.com,
Steve wrote:

On Mon, 25 May 2009 12:56:32 -0500, Charlie wrote:

I would like to see your letter to him, as well as his reply, full
headers included on both, and I would like to see where he granted
permission for you to post his reply on a public forum.

If that's not forthcoming in a day or two I'll write the good "doctor"
and ask him myself.

of the chemical companies, as well as his office, I sent him the
comments from this forum and he replied with the following:

Thanks for forwarding me that nonsense. Nobody funds me....except
McGill University . I do know where the CBI stuff comes from....a while
ago CBI funded some summer scholarships for McGill students, a couple of
whom ended up working in our office. That had nothing to do with
anything....certainly not with my book.

These "organic" people are
paranoid and if a view doesn't fit into their "world view" they think
that some conspiracy is afoot. They generally have a very poor
scientific background and have no understanding of chemistry. They
could use a little oil for their mental machinery. Organic oil if they
so wish.
regards
- Dr. Joe Schwarcz

The phrase "These "organic" people", has such an air of hubris to it. Is
he expressing contemp for America's first family, who just put in an
organic garden, or is it reserved for some of Dr. Joe's fans (or
potential fans) who are organic. I think that the statement above is not
only disrespectful, but news worthy and should be forwarded to all the
major newspapers, if this is indeed the content of his email to Doo.

To add that it was in response to a charge of duplicity, makes it seem
even more self serving, which brings us back to where we begun. He, and
his institution are funded by the most un-organic companies on the
planet.

And who do we have to thank?

Our boy Doo ;O)
--