Old 25-05-2009, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Nasty trees overlooking my garden?

Kate Morgan writes

A neighbour has some trees which are right up against the boundary
and they
are growing across my garden, how can I make him prune them so I do
not have
to suffer their presence?

Our neighbour complained about some of our trees and we told them that
they could cut back anything on their side that was bothering them,
their answer was that they didn't see why they should do it or indeed
pay someone to do it when they were our trees.

Well, I suppose I can see their point. But it doesn't seem sensible to
me to stick firmly by your rights in a neighbour situation - everything
works a lot more smoothly with give and take.

They wanted us to cut back hedges as well, the matter has not been
resolved as yet.

Hedges are a different matter. They're a boundary marker.

Your neighbours obviously aren't gardeners - I'd far rather cut my
hedges myself than risk someone else trampling over my plants while they
do it!
--
Kay