Old 25-05-2009, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Nasty trees overlooking my garden?

On 2009-05-25 21:26:42 +0100, "Kate Morgan" said:

A neighbour has some trees which are right up against the boundary and they
are growing across my garden, how can I make him prune them so I do not have
to suffer their presence?

Our neighbour complained about some of our trees and we told them that
they could cut back anything on their side that was bothering them,
their answer was that they didn't see why they should do it or indeed
pay someone to do it when they were our trees.They wanted us to cut
back hedges as well, the matter has not been resolved as yet.

kate

Don't you think they have a point, Kate? They didn't plant the trees
or hedge but both are impinging on their garden. They're not planted
in their garden but they belong to you and are giving your neighbour a
problem as a result of your ownership. If they were e.g. your dog, or
cat, or your children, wouldn't you expect to deal with the matter
yourself?
Perhaps you could offer to go into their garden and do the trimming,
taking away any debris? That way, nobody is out of pocket but honour
is satisfied. Honour, in this case, being good relations with your
neighbours. It will be much easier for you to keep those trees under
control once the initial cut is made, too! And is it worth falling out
with the people to whom you are closest? ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com