Old 26-05-2009, 05:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Roundup questions

On May 23, 4:25*pm, "brooklyn1" wrote:

Killing the weeds by smothering or with
chemicals is a total waste of time, labor, and money... there is NO labor
free gardening. * A good deep rototilling will dispatch any weeds/grass so
that those will never grow again... and NEW weeds are inevitable forever.

Tilling brings up dormant weed seeds, such as bindweed, which
then sprout and give you tsouris for the rest of the year. Only
effective remedy short of 2-4D is constant mowing to starve the
weeds of sunlight-derived sugars.

What are you doing to maintain good, well-drained tilth?

I've been preparing my garden for planting for two days now, I hope to
finish tomorrow and I plan to plant this weekend. *Gardening is always work,
a lot of work.