Old 26-05-2009, 07:41 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
sherwin dubren sherwin dubren is offline

Default Dr. Schwarcz replies

FarmI wrote:

Does Dr Schwarcz know that you were going to post a private email to a
public forum so that anyone can read it?

I don't think he would mind.

If, and I stress the 'if', you are really posting what Dr Schwarcz has
written to you, then his response to you is simply extraordinary.

Well, if it makes you feel better, think what you will.

Any scientist worth taking note of who responds to an email from a stranger
and who using such sloppy thinking to write words like "These "organic"
people are paranoid and if a view doesn't fit into their "world view" they
think that some conspiracy is afoot. " and that they "could use a little oil
for their mental machinery" is of questionable sense.

I simply sent him a copy of your responses. He is not afraid of you
loonies and has probably run into the likes of you before.

If he is a serious scientist, he would have been more temperate in his
language because he'd be used to the process of peer reviews and know that
he'd have to justify everything he says.

Since when are scientists held to such a standard?

I doubt that you emailed him at all or that he responded.

Unlike your little group, I don't make things up.

Sherwin