Old 26-05-2009, 12:24 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
OG OG is offline

Default Attaching hosepipe guide to a building corner - but temporarily

"Lobster" wrote in message
I've come across these hosepipe guides, which look like just what I need
in the garden as I regularly have to negotiate the hosepipe around two
90-deg corners (which are tyrolean-finished which generates more friction
and makes them all the more potentially damaging to a hose)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HOSE-PIPE-GUIDE-WALL-MOUNTED-EASY-TO-INSTALL-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a7Q7c 39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50 QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem35a14d4750QQi temZ230339462992QQptZUKQ5fHomeQ5fGardenQ5fGardenEq uipmentQ5fHandToolsQ5fSMQQsalenotsupported
(ebay item 230339462992)

However, the problem is that these t

hings are intended to be screwed
permanently to the brickwork, and where I'd need to site them, they'd be
in the way and it's an absolute dead-certainty that they would be rapidly
snapped off by a passing mower/child/whatever.

An alternative would be to keep the hose away from the tyrolean surface at
the corner.

Maybe by using one of those weighted parasol bases with a broomhandle
upright at each corner. Move it out of the way when not required.