Old 26-05-2009, 03:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Japanese Stone Garden Lantern

"J'sGirl" wrote:

Hi from Canada,

My mother has had a Japanese Stone Lantern in her backyard for years.
Only the two top pieces, exposed the most to the elements, have
discolored to an ugly dark grey. The base pieces are still their
original light grey. Does anyone know how I can clean the stone myself?
She's moving to a condo and is planning to leave it behind but I'd like
to try to sell it for her as she's a senior on a fixed income.

I'd not sell it, it can be decorative indoors too. Unless it's truly hand
carved stone but instead a casting it probably won't bring much... but in
either case it will bring more as is... do not attempt to clean it. It will
clean up all on it's own placed outdoors in a sunny spot for a few years,
but someone would very likely pay more with it having the weathered patina
you describe.