Old 26-05-2009, 06:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default House plants

On Mon, 25 May 2009 11:12:13 -0700, "Val"
wrote:

Certain chemicals in your tap water can also cause the tips to go brown on
some house plants. I either send my gallon jugs for refills with friends
when they go to the mountains or pay .30 a gallon to refill with 'spring
water' at the store. This cured the 'brown tipped leaves' for me. I only use
untreated water for watering my houseplants and also in the mister bottle.

Val
"Karen1967" wrote in message

Please help! I have recently bought a number of plants and small bushes
for inside the house. The tips of the leaves have started to go brown
on the ends. Is this because I am over watering them or under watering
them? Thanks for your help. Karen1967

--
Karen1967

Currently I use tap water to water my indoor plants. I used to
maintain 3 freshwater aquariums (each tank drained 50% each week) and
that water was ideal for plants. City water has chlorine in it, not
good for bacteria nor plants, but the chlorine leaves water that has
been boiled or aged.