Old 26-05-2009, 04:53 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,uk.rec.gardening
Cynic Cynic is offline

Default Doctors Warn: Avoid GM Food.

On Fri, 22 May 2009 21:17:48 +0100, Martin
wrote:

You don't think they keep all these quintillion little bottles do you?

Think what a 30C dilution actually means. Start with a 1 mole solution.
One drop of ingredient in 100 drops of water 10^-2 molear strength. Take
one drop from that and dilute with 100 drops of water 10^-4 molar
strength. Repeat and you're down to 10^-60 molar strength.

Avogadro's number is 10^23.

No, there is no original content left when you get down to these levels
of dilution. 10^23*10^-60

You have failed to understand what I said. I stated that there does
not necessarily *need* to be even a single molecule of the substance
in the water in order for the water to be changed at the subatomic
level in a way that is as yet unknown. I gave examples of such
subatomic changes in other substances.

I am *not* saying that that is what happens, I am just saying that the
fact that no molecules of the active substance exists in the sample is
not conclusive proof that it cannot have had any effect on the water.

--
Cynic