Old 14-04-2003, 11:44 PM
Andrew Thomson

Default Suggestions for small shady area

"Zizz" wrote in message

"Andrew Thomson" wrote in message
.. .
I have a space in my small (2m x 1.5m) front garden that I've left until
last, mainly because I can't find a good plant to put in there.

Requirements a
1) Approx 1m in height, no higher.
2) Not much spread - there is a stepping stone about 30cm from where it

will
be planted.
3) Good in shade. This part of the garden receives little sun. North

facing
and only gets perhaps 1 hr sun in the evening.
4) Garden colours are reds, purples, pinks and whites so must fit in.
5) Flower-bearing. Nice smell preferable but not essential.
6) Must be fully hardy.
7) It is to be planted beside an 80cm high brick wall.
8) Moist soil.

Any ideas?

Andrew

Toad lily?
Daphne ??
Not sure!

Toad lily might be good. About the right size. Thanks!