Old 26-05-2009, 09:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill R Bill R is offline

Default Non Blumming Iris

Josie Galloway wrote:
I have lots of these that do not flower-what am I doing wrong?

Josie,

Are you Irises crowded? I need to divide mine every five years (or so)
to keep them blooming. Irises planted too deep won't bloom or have
reduced blooming. Also, how much sun do your Irises get? Too much
shade reduces their blooming.

Depending on your soil, they may need a little food. Light composing
early in the season works very well for Irises.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

"You are never to old to play in the dirt"

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL