Old 27-05-2009, 01:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Dr. Schwarcz replies

"sherwin dubren" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:

Does Dr Schwarcz know that you were going to post a private email to a
public forum so that anyone can read it?

I don't think he would mind.

You 'don't think' he would mind??????

If you don't know whether he would mind or not and you didn't ask for his
permission to post a private email, then you have no right to do so.

If, and I stress the 'if', you are really posting what Dr Schwarcz has
written to you, then his response to you is simply extraordinary.

Well, if it makes you feel better, think what you will.

Any scientist worth taking note of who responds to an email from a
stranger and who using such sloppy thinking to write words like "These
"organic" people are paranoid and if a view doesn't fit into their "world
view" they think that some conspiracy is afoot. " and that they "could
use a little oil for their mental machinery" is of questionable sense.

I simply sent him a copy of your responses. He is not afraid of you
loonies and has probably run into the likes of you before.

You haven't been paying attention. You could have sent nothing to Dr
Schwarcz that I wrote.

If he is a serious scientist, he would have been more temperate in his
language because he'd be used to the process of peer reviews and know
that he'd have to justify everything he says.

Since when are scientists held to such a standard?

Good Lord! Are you really that ignorant?

Enough said.

Go use google and think about what it means for a scinetist doing academic
research when you finally find out what peer review means.

I doubt that you emailed him at all or that he responded.

Unlike your little group, I don't make things up.

So you say. Your credibility is not very high given that you post a
supposedly private email without permission.