Old 27-05-2009, 04:24 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Carniverious and tropical use compost

On Mon, 25 May 2009 18:14:59 +0100, ashyboi5000
wrote:

Hi,

Ive recently purchased some seeds for two different types of pitcher
plants, cofee tree and a passion flower. I can provide more details if
needed.

Anybody got any recomendations for compost, one that i can buy from a
store :P
Also what about plant feed?

And final question, can i skip the small seed tray stage and just plant
them in a 8-10cm high 6-8cm diameter pots? (I hope you thats the
size/porportion, just going off my own mental image of the pots) Just
so I don't have to keep rebuying need pots and they're ready for when
they get to a decent size.

Thanks for any help.

You can use some compost. A ratio of 10 parts peat moss to one part
compost (or regular potting soil) is about right for most carnivorous
plants. Avoid feeding them. Use rain water.