Old 27-05-2009, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tree identification

In message , K
writes
Sacha writes
On 2009-05-27 00:15:10 +0100, james1 jamesjampot@g00glemaildotcom said:

This tree has finally come into flower!!!
Any ideas now??
[image: http://i44.tinypic.com/e67xas.jpg]
Thanks

I think there's a Crataegus rather like that, isn't there?

Would you be thinking of Crataegus x prunifolia?

That might be a possibility - I was thinking that the bark wasn't right
for Sorbus (Rowan/Whitebeam), but it does look like Crateagus
(hawthorn) bark.

Perhaps we need an indication of scale. But as I recall the original
photograph was of a big tree, and as far as I know no thorns get that
big.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley