Old 28-05-2009, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default How far .......

--
..
"Tim" no wrote in message
m...

The Observers Book of Butterflies states that its original home is North
Africa, but they breed in such great numbers that they 'have' to migrate,
usually North via France to the UK.

We have a 'natural' garden with trees and bushes which attracts all sorts
of wildlife, books are at 'the ready' so we can see what is what :-))

Mike

Just found this map on the BBC website which might be of interest
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereport...h_african.html

Well that answered my question didn't it ? :-))

Very many thanks for the link. Fascinating.

Mike