Old 15-04-2003, 01:56 AM
groober

Default Help on finding used push/reel mower

"Mike Dahmus" wrote in message
: I just got a house with a very small yard and am interested in buying
: one of the tiny old-style push mowers (where all the power is provided
: by the person pushing; i.e.; no gas or electric engine at all). I've
: seen them all over the place in my old neighborhood; but can't seem to
: get any of the mower shops to understand what I'm looking for.
:
: Anybody have any tips on locating one of these things? Even better
: terminology would be a help to me. I've heard I might be able to get a
: new one at Breed; but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg on what is
: essentially a trial for me.
:
: Thanks,
: ---
: Mike Dahmus
: m dah mus @ at @ io.com

I've got one that isn't quite up to mowing an acre full of rocks and sticks,
so it doesn't get used. It's a Craftsman and it's yours for $20. I'm in
Oak Hill.