Old 15-04-2003, 02:08 AM
Essjay001

Default Cutting Leylandi

Paul Kelly scribbled:

Nowt wrong with appropriate trees for the spot available!

Unfortunately it appears to have to be your version of appropriate
though

If I were a lone voice on this, I'd defer. But I'm not and this was
yet another instance of inappropriate planting of leylandii that has
given the current owner a real problem.

I woud have thought that a 15 ft high Leylandii barrier between a house and
a pub was "appropriate". Charlie may find she regrets the decision later.

Given that Charlie is only 18 going on 17 I would tend to ask do the trees
belong to her or is she a student renting. If so the landlord might be a pit
****ed off when he can't rent next year because cutting the trees has
removed the privacy that they were planted for. Just a thought!

Leylandii are the bain of many peoples lives and the sooner the
proposed law restricting their use is passed the better.

The government seem to be draging their heels with that one.

Steve R