Old 29-05-2009, 06:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Dr. Schwarcz replies

In article ,
"Lilah Morgan" wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
.us.easynews.com...
On Tue, 26 May 2009 21:56:40 -0500, wrote:

Good night and
good gardening to you all.

And to you, Kate.
Extremists of almost any ilk can be counterproductive.
I hope I'm not one of those, and I will remember your post as I
proselytize.

That said, I _will_ speak out against extremists of the agro-chemical
cabal without remorse and with little restraint. Disinformation is not
in any of our best interest.

The last sentence reminded me of a phrase, think Mark Twain is the source,
and it was something along the lines of "The man who reads nothing at all is
better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers".

Kate,
I think the quote that you are looking for is,
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the
newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain

Either that or it was the quote from the documentary "Corporation",
People who don't watch television are better informed than those who
watch Fox News."

You call it extremism to refute lies and products that steal and kill. I
call it necessity. I guess most advertising lies about it's products,
but chemical fertilizers kill the very top soil that they need in order
to function. The less top soil, the more chemical fertilizers are
needed. They find their way to water ways and end up as dead zones off
the coast where free protein used to be found as fish and shell fish.
Chemical pesticides make food less nutritious by reducing flavonoids,
poisoning embryos and young children, killing beneficial insects, and
adding to the body burden of chemicals. Finally, chemical herbicides
attack both embryos and young children, and encourage monocultures where
even more pesticides are needed. When you deal with fools like Doo-Doo,
it is like talking to a fog horn. There is no rationale. There is no
thought. There is no empathy. And when you talk to the producers of
these poisons, there is only greed. The truth is that they haven't
erred. The truth is that they lied. If it is bad form to call a liar a
liar, then I have bad form indeed.

Another bottle for this lady, please.
--

- Billy