Old 29-05-2009, 04:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default fORMULA 409 CLEANER AS A INSECTICIDE ON ROSES?

"Patrick" wrote

Here is an answer from a lurker. I have tried 409 mixed with equal parts
of water and rubbing alcohol sprayed on orchids and it did not hurt the
plants. It did kill some bugs.

Are you kidding or what... the alcohol alone, even diluted, would have
killed some bugs. Naturally I don't believe you sprayed alcohol on your
orchids, not if you know anything about plants, rubbing alcohol would
definitely have hurt your orchids, rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) is the
solvent for chlorophyll.