Old 29-05-2009, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Iris identification

"Batmancaver" wrote
I was hoping that someone on here is able to help us to identify the
iris that we have growing in our garden.
The bulbs/rhizomes were originally dug out from the sand dunes at
Talacre in north Wales where they had been planted either by the people
who used to live in the dunes due to evacuation from Liverpool or those
who lived there post WWII. For those who know the area, yes it is a
SSSI and yes I had permission to dig these up.

Unfortunately we cannot identify the iris' ourselves, can anyone help?
Also, what tips can anyone give us on how to look after and cultivate
these iris'?

I have taken some photographs of them to show what they look like.

Thanks for any help

Karl

[image:
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...r/Iris001.jpg]

[image: http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...r/Iris006.jpg]

One of the I. ensata varieties I would guess.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden