Old 29-05-2009, 09:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nyssa Nyssa is offline

Default Potato bugs taking over

I'm having a lot more trouble than usual this
year with potato bugs. They showed up earlier
than usual, and even though I hand-picked them
as soon as I saw them, their offspring have
now begun to take over my potato patch, which
is just starting to bloom.

I've tried spraying the potato leaves with BT,
but it doesn't seem to phase them in the slightest.

There are too many to hand-pick, and some are
too small to get a grip on anyway.

Any words of wisdom of some alternative methods
for getting rid of these critters?

Nyssa, who is having mixed luck with her garden
so far this spring