Old 15-04-2003, 02:32 AM
bern muller

Default Filterless ponds

John Hines wrote in message
"bern muller" wrote:

I would like to exchange suggestions and questions about "natural" pond
maintainance.

Natural is fine, as long as you keep the stocking levels low, like
mother nature.

Many of us can not resist "just one more fish", and prefer a higher
stocking level, that requires additional filtration.

Yeah, my real interest is the plant life, so I can easily resist buying more
fish. Problem is, the fish reproduce so well I get more than I want. I sell
fry to the local pet store as feeders in the fall in exchange for fish food
for the winter. During summer I don't feed the fish at all; they apparently
find enough with the bugs, algae and other plants.