Old 30-05-2009, 09:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bob Williams[_3_] Bob Williams[_3_] is offline

Default I.D. Needed on this Flower.

beccabunga wrote:
'Bob Williams[_3_ Wrote:
;847950']I shot this pic at Catalina Island Botanical Gardens in
California.
I really like the looks of the flower but I haven't a clue what it is.
The Petals look like crepe paper, kind of similar to the petals of some

poppies I've seen.
Bob Williams

The Californian tree poppy, Romneya coulteri
http://tinyurl.com/mddmug

Lovely plant, extremely invasive and quite capable of going through
concrete.

You guys really nailed that one.......
Thank you and Pat for such a quick and helpful response.
Bob Williams