Old 24-02-2003, 03:17 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] lime deposits on pots -- a report of an experiment

I use Lime-Away or toilet bowl cleaner. If you are careful, you
can use either
of them on a planted pot in preparation for a show. Rubbing

baby oil or mineral
oil on unglazed pots removes the last traces for show purposes.

The oil (or "Pam" spray) works on glazed pots, too. But it's
still there, and you can still feel it when you hold the pot.

I'm amazed at the wimpy lime deposits other folks have. ;-)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - "People,
when Columbus discovered this country, it was plum full of nuts
and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just
about all gone." -- Uncle Dave Macon, old-time musician

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++