Old 31-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Soria Spain Soria Spain is offline
Registered User

Default Catapillars on Apple and Pear Trees

Hi
I live in a small village in Soria, Northern Spain and recently inherited an old allotment/orchard with some old apple and pear trees (est 50 years old). I noticed last year that catapillars had been eating the leaves and they are doing the same this year. I dont want to spray chemicals on them and dont even know if I want to remove them. My question is: will they effect the fruits growth? If so what is the best non chemical way to remove them, if I must.