Old 15-04-2003, 03:20 AM
profpam

Default Top 10 species?

Ray,

I would tend to agree with Mick; however, I would probably rearrange the
order, placing V. coerulecens as number 1 or 2 as I believe that Cities
prohibits export of this one. I would give Polyrrhiza lindeni the
number 2 spot, and Neofinetia falcata would take the third spot. Also,
I have found Mick's flasks superb, especially the Neofinetia falcata --
these are hardy little critters. Nevertheless, I think that one might
place these top 10 species on top due to high volume in sales. Just
growing stuff that one likes is only desireable for the hobbyist but not
profitable to the grower unless he/she doesn't care about sales.

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

"Ray @ First Rays Orchids" wrote:

I haven't checked, but were they picked because Mick has them for sale?

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

"SBF" wrote in message
This group was certainly not picked for their ease of growth!

"Mick Fournier" wrote in message
Mark,

Cattleya dowiana
Neofinetia falcata