Old 31-05-2009, 06:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
charles cashion charles cashion is offline

Default Identify lawn weeds

Tony Sivori wrote:
Like Demons, they seem to be easier to kill once you know their name. :-)

Weed #1

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Weed #2

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Located in Zone 6, Louisville KY

Weed #1 is clover. Even without a name, almost any generic weed killer
will kill it. Scott Bonus S will take it out and encourage your grass.

I've seen #2 before, but cannot name it. I should think that it would
also wilt under Scott Bonus S.

Plain household vinegar would kill either of them, but it also stresses
the grass. The grass will come back while the weed does not.
(Try to place the vinegar right on the leaves.)

Charles
Plano, TX
--
Did you see the movie "My Great Big Fat Greek Wedding"? Do you remember
what her father prescribed for everything?