Old 31-05-2009, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Brown Kate Brown is offline

Default photos good and bad

I've just uploaded some garden photos at
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/mehitabel.snaps

It's a very ordinary South London back garden, nothing exotic and full
of mistakes, but we are fond of it and if the wind weren't blowing quite
so hard I'd be out there now reading the paper, sniffing the
extraordinarily fragrant climbing hydrangeas and listening to the mad
birds.

There's another album there too called 'what's wrong? and I would be
extremely grateful if someone could give me a hint as to what might be
going wrong here - I wondered if it was too much hard water, but you've
all reassured me on that. On various plants, unrelated to each other as
far as I know, we're getting a kind of leaf shrivelling - the hollyhocks
are worst, but the heuchera and small fuchsia are also bad, and it
affects some pelargoniums and some roses as well. I've attached some
photos from August of last year where the roses were affected, though as
they've come back unaffected as yet this year, I don't know whether it's
all related or not.

There's also a problem with some roses where something is nibbling at
the leaf stem and breaking it off, but I can't see anything and they
have been well and truly sprayed.

--
Kate B

PS 'elvira' is spamtrapped - please reply to 'elviraspam' at cockaigne dot org dot uk if you
want to reply personally