Old 31-05-2009, 09:30 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden
Tony Sivori Tony Sivori is offline

Default Identify lawn weeds

Nate Nagel wrote:
Hell, I just let the sorrel fill in the bare patches in my yard.

That is pretty much what is happening in my case. It is just my second
Summer in this house and it was previously a repo. So the lawn was well
neglected.

Last year it was overrun by dandelions and wild violets. I've put a dent
in the violets (Bayer Bush Killer Plus gets fair results on this hard to
kill weed), and I've 95% exterminated the dandelions. I did seed last
Fall, but the sorrel seems to be occupying the bare patches where the seed
didn't take.

--
Tony Sivori