Old 01-06-2009, 07:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
rjbl rjbl is offline

Default Weedkiller Advice Please

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 31 May 2009 20:20:37 +0100, woodglass wrote:

We have quite a lot of crazy paving in our garden. (It was laid by a
previous occupier)

It's costing us a lot for weedkiller to keep the weeds at bay.

Weed burner, you don't really say how large an area you have but a small
hand held gas powered one would deal with a paths and a 4 x 5m patio no
problem. You don't need to incinerate the weeds the flash heat damages the
leaves and they die. No plant can survive having it's top growth destroyed
on a regular basis.

If you can be confident that the stuff won't leach across into
cultivated soil then Sodium Chlorate will do the business rather
effectively. Legal and cheap the effect lasts about 6 - 9 months.
rjbl