Old 01-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Ross Ross is offline
Registered User

Location: Kent
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thh20 View Post
Our neighbours have a large tree (I THINK it's an elm tree...)
Hi, I had this problem last year with a somewhat different tree, and to combat these trees I repeatedly chopped of the 'mini' trees and there seem to be less of them this year. Chopping of the mini trees should not damage the main plant although I might also advise covering the holes in the roots and using a sharp knife to minimise the chances of infection. Otherwise I'm not sure there is much you can do! Hope this helps, Ross.