Old 01-06-2009, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan.holmes alan.holmes is offline

Default Weedkiller Advice Please

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.net...
On Sun, 31 May 2009 20:20:37 +0100, woodglass wrote:

We have quite a lot of crazy paving in our garden. (It was laid by a
previous occupier)

It's costing us a lot for weedkiller to keep the weeds at bay.

Weed burner, you don't really say how large an area you have but a small
hand held gas powered one would deal with a paths and a 4 x 5m patio no
problem. You don't need to incinerate the weeds the flash heat damages the
leaves and they die. No plant can survive having it's top growth destroyed
on a regular basis.

A waste of time and money, you have to keep doing it for months, maybe even
years, better to use something like sodium chlorate.

Alan