Old 01-06-2009, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Minchin Bob Minchin is offline

Default How to kill off an ash tree ?

Malcolm wrote:
Derek Turner wrote:
On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 20:01:54 +0100, Nicholas wrote:

Any
suggestions please on what poison might be effective?

Ammonium sulphamate

IIRC the active ingredient of RootOut. I have heard that, excellent
though it may be - and in my experience very good against Ivy, it is no
longer available as a weedkiller but is available as a compost
accelerator (the EEC has a lot to answer for)

Malcolm

There is an ebay seller who sells this as an accelerator complete with
out of date weedkilling instructions.

Bob