Old 02-06-2009, 07:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Mail Order Plants

--
..
"rabc" wrote in message

Ordered some plants from a dealer online..Never again 1 box looked like
it had been kicked all the way from the supplier, another delivery
containing 6 x plug plants was forced through the letterbox,...In total
24 plants were ruined
contacted the supplier who said they would be replaced, 6 were replaced
the other 18 they couldnt so my debit card is to be credited, took
delivery of another 198 bedding plug plants, some looked ok some looked
slightly stressed will be very lucky if 50% survive to plant

Sorry for a follow on, but I remember Sachsa saying that they would 'never'
do mail order because the plants are at the mercy of the post or carriers,
you had this experience of stuff through the letter box, plants arrived
'dead' so the customer said, and unscrupulous customers who complained about
anything anyway and either wanted their money back or another supply of
plants "Thus putting us out of pocket and actually costing us money" (or
words of that effect)

Mike