Old 02-06-2009, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Can you identify this plant, please?

In message , Eddy
writes
Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
Appears to be plume poppy (Macleaya cordifolia).

Note that plume poppy doesn't look like other poppies (even less so than
greater celandine), the inflorescence having an appearance reminiscent
more of rhubarb.

Stewart, thanks. So I googled Macleaya cordifolia on Google Images and
up came a lot of pics of it but also a pic of "Macleaya cordata" . . .
and "Macleaya cordata" my plant certainly is. Identical leaves and
stem. So thanks for getting me there.

Sorry about that - it looks as if I've written down the epithet
incorrectly at some time in the past.

Now to google for more about this Macleaya cordata.

Eddy.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley