Old 02-06-2009, 08:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Spcovelady[_2_] Spcovelady[_2_] is offline

Default No-show tomatoes

I have been lurking here for quite a while and have learned a lot, but
now I need some help.
I have three German Girl tomato plants that have lots of blooms but
never set tomatoes. I have another tomato plant that did not have a tag
when I bought it, but I have gotten several tomatoes from it already.
These are smallish (slightly larger than a lime) but very flavorful and
sweet.I planted this one about a month before the German Girls.My first
guess is that it has already gotten too hot to set fruit. I live on the
Alabama coast about 10 miles as the crow flies from the Gulf of Mexico.
Any ideas?
TIA