Old 02-06-2009, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default aerogarden tomatoes

I have just harvested the first small crop of cherry tomatoes from my
Aerogarden. They are lovely but I don't think I shall grow tomatoes
again. Last year, I did herbs, which the Aerogarden came with, and they
were great. It says you can't plant them out after they are too big for
the contraption but I planted out the parsley OK. However, as we have
so much of that already, it was rather more than we needed. The basil
was no good and I just threw it away, as you would any basil grown in
soil in the conventional manner. Similarly the coriander, although I
kept the seeds and used them successfully this spring.

I shall have a go at 'planting' my own seeds next. It is an expensive
way of growing things if you have a real garden but (in typical June
fashion) it is fun. The Aerogarden web-site and blog are both useful
and the staff are very helpful and friendly to the extent that when I
posted a query last year, just after my purchase, they telephoned me
twice to see if everything was OK.
--
June Hughes