Old 03-06-2009, 10:22 AM
stuu3270 stuu3270 is offline
Registered User

Default Brown Larvae That Move When Touched!

Hi,

This is a strange one and I would love to find out what I have...

I have often found in the earth of my back garden these small reddish brown larvae/ coocoon type things. They are about 3cm long and around the size of a cashew nut. They are straight in shape like a bullet (but with a rounded end, not flat) and at one end is a point.

When I pick one up the pointed end rotates round on its own like something is alive in there! I put it down and it remains still. I cannot feel anything moving about inside. I remember opening one a while ago but all that was inside appeared to be yellowy snotty mess with no legs, tissue or distinguishable parts.

Any ideas on what they are, please?

Stuart