Old 03-06-2009, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
RG[_2_] RG[_2_] is offline

Default Mail Order Plants

"'Mike'" wrote in message
Talking of being ignored, I have read your post about Mirabel and Michael
Osler, where you said-

AMAZING!!! So many people have visited this question and left their
'footprint', including those who have 'kill filed' me.

Can you explain how you know who had read your post?
And did *I* leave a 'footprint' - before today?

Kindest possible regards.

It was shown to me by a chap who knows computers inside out. He was
showing me where I had been from his computer. On many of the sites I
subscribe to it is quite easy to see who is visiting, how many have
visited and how many have made postings and I remarked that on newsgroups
this was not possible. He explained and showed how it could be done and he
had already picked up on my recent posting on Mirabel and Michael Osler,
went in and showed who had visited and when and left their 'footprint', he
then identified some of them. The frightening part was when he went into
one persons computer because they happened to be on line at the time, and
read what they were doing. Their security was NIL!!!

As with all computer nerds, his fingers were across the keyboard putting
codes in so fast I could never remember them, so I wouldn't know how to
get in again. However I will ask him to write it down because I am
curious.

Will report back as and when I know something.

Kindest regards

Mike
(Is your security up to date???????)

Well that sounds like a load of well-rotted organic matter to me.

Whilst it is perfectly possible to remotely access an individual victim's
computer,
assuming that (a) you know their IP address and
(b) they do not have an efficient firewall,
it is NOT possible to monitor a thread on a newsgroup and see who has
accessed it.

So please tell us all how your friend

had already picked up on my recent posting on Mirabel and Michael Osler,
went in and showed who had visited and when
and left their 'footprint',
he then identified some of them.

and give us a few examples of these footprints.

With deepest respect

RG