Old 03-06-2009, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mail Order Plants

In article ,
'Mike' wrote:
I am so terribly sorry that you doubt my words. All I can say in my defence,
which of course means nothing to you, is that I am NOT a computer whiz kid
and can only report on what I saw him do on his computer before my eyes. As
for copying anything to you, I have nothing on my computer to copy and again
repeat I do not have the access to such information you seek.

You most definitely aren't. And, sorry, but you did NOT report what
you saw - you reported either your interpretation of what you saw,
or your understanding of the line your tame nerd spun you.

If there has been no header forgery, you can see who has posted
something to a newsgroup. You cannot see who has read an article.
On some newsgroup servers, you can see who has read an article,
but that will tell you ONLY the people who used THAT server to read
the article. You won't be able to tell if I have, for example.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.