Old 03-06-2009, 04:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Growing peanuts

In article ,
"Elizabeth" wrote:

Anyone have experience growing peanuts? How should I plant them?

Like corn.
How much
room do they need? How long does it take to harvest?

See URL
Are peanuts perennial
like asparagus, or do I have to plant every year?

We treated then like annuals.

I have a plot in sunny
south Louisiana. Also what kind of yield should I expect per plant?
Thanks for any info, elizabeth

We grew them for a few seasons and let them go. Attractive plant that
could be worked into a floral garden. 10 inches high 8 inches wide
here. Our yield was minor most likely due to too much shade. I'd go for
it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

No foreign intervention unless tyranny at home.