Old 03-06-2009, 08:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Lilah Morgan[_2_] Lilah Morgan[_2_] is offline

Default No-show tomatoes

Seriously? Crap it's been in the 40s at night here and the tomatoes are
blooming like mad...luckily they are still in pots...guess I'll just have to
bring them inside at night

"The Cook" wrote in message
Tomatoes will not set fruit if the night temperature is lower than
55°F or the daytime temperature is over 95°F. I have also found that
heirlooms tend produce fruit later than hybrids.

Don't worry about it. Plants produce fruit when they are mature
enough.
--
Susan N.