Old 15-04-2003, 06:08 AM
Mick Fournier

Default Top 10 species?

Pam,

A few weeks ago I was in Bruce Pearson's owner's cage inside his Tropical
World Nursery in Boynton Beach Florida. Bruce had taken his top five Vanda
coerulescens plants (in bloom) with the blue-est flowers I have ever seen
and hung them high in his owner's cage of Not-for-Sale plants. Walking
under these flowers was an incredible fragrance rush... you could almost see
and feel the curtain of fragrance falling on your body as you stepped
beneath these flowering vandas. I can see how someone would rate this plant
as number one.

Mick

"profpam" wrote in message ...
Ray,

I would tend to agree with Mick; however, I would probably rearrange the
order, placing V. coerulecens as number 1 or 2 as I believe that Cities
prohibits export of this one. I would give Polyrrhiza lindeni the
number 2 spot, and Neofinetia falcata would take the third spot. Also,
I have found Mick's flasks superb, especially the Neofinetia falcata --
these are hardy little critters. Nevertheless, I think that one might
place these top 10 species on top due to high volume in sales. Just
growing stuff that one likes is only desireable for the hobbyist but not
profitable to the grower unless he/she doesn't care about sales.

. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

---------