Old 03-06-2009, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Weedkiller Advice Please

wrote:
In article ,
Broadback wrote:
woodglass wrote:
Thanks for your input everyone - I'm going for the sodium chlorate option...

I have a large paviour area. Having tried sodium Chlorate, yes it kills
the weed, but they are back with a few weeks. I find pathclear more
effective, but the price!

Try half-strength glyphosate. Seriously. Sodium chlorate DOESN'T
kill many weeds, but merely burns their tops off.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I didn't find sodium chlorate very cost effective. We've got a very long
gravel drive and it took a whole tub to treat the drive. The weeds were
back a few weeks later. Superficially glyphosate looks very expensive -
I bought five litres of the stuff for around £30. So far it has lasted
nearly three years - and it has killed a LOT of weeks over that time.

--
David in Normandy.

by a filter and not reach my inbox.