Old 03-06-2009, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
THE FLY THE FLY is offline

Default Can you help id this tree.

In article ,
On 2009-06-03 18:05:56 +0100, "THE FLY"
said:

Bullace - Prunus domestica? Maybe? And btw, good for you including
pics of the leaf and the fruit. A longshot of some tree saying 'what's
this' doesn't usually help much. ;-)

That would be my guess, but there are quite a lot of other species
of Prunus that might look similar. For the OP, if it is Prunus,
the fruit will have a single plum- or cherry-like stone (or JUST
possibly a crinkled one, like a peach). Cracking the stone will
give one or two kernels, which will smell of bitter almonds when
crushed.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Hi , well i just peeled one.

The stone is smooth , has one kernel , but no smell according to my nose.