Old 03-06-2009, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
graham graham is offline

Default Weedkiller Advice Please

"Broadback" wrote in message
woodglass wrote:
Thanks for your input everyone - I'm going for the sodium chlorate
option...

I have a large paviour area. Having tried sodium Chlorate, yes it kills
the weed, but they are back with a few weeks. I find pathclear more
effective, but the price!

Isn't there another "slight" problem with NaClO3 in that the dead vegetation
is more flammable? I saw an uncle burn off the dead weeds in his drive
after that treatment and I recall that the flames spread very, very quickly,
almost explosively.
Graham