Old 04-06-2009, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
RG[_2_] RG[_2_] is offline

Default Mail Order Plants

"Judith in France" wrote in message
On Jun 4, 11:57 am, Sacha wrote:

I am not computer savvy, it would be pointless pretending I was, I
would be sussed out in a second. However, I got my husband to read
this thread; he says we are behind a firewall and we are safe but he
has taken the post seriously and is to get advice on it from some real
savvy computer people, I'll let you know the outcome as this is quite
worrying. We have a lot of financial matters on our computers; the
thought of someone being able to ... well. I have no doubt the claims
made earlier will be pursued by someone as this is quite dangerous if
it is true.

Let's be clear about this.
* If you have a proper firewall and virus checker you are safe.
* If you don't, you are vulnerable.

You should always be careful, and there are many sources of good advice.

Ignore fools like Mike Crowe who purport to advise you. As Sacha says,
either his original story was a lie or his denial of it is a lie. In either
case his opinion is worthless, and his gibbering excuses now are just plain
embarrassing. His family would be ashamed if they could see it.