Old 04-06-2009, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Mail Order Plants

I am not computer savvy, it would be pointless pretending I was, I
would be sussed out in a second. However, I got my husband to read
this thread; he says we are behind a firewall and we are safe but he
has taken the post seriously and is to get advice on it from some real
savvy computer people, I'll let you know the outcome as this is quite
worrying. We have a lot of financial matters on our computers; the
thought of someone being able to ... well. I have no doubt the claims
made earlier will be pursued by someone as this is quite dangerous if
it is true.

Judith

Judith so glad you have heeded the warning :-))

As you would have seen there is nothing to fear from my example which as
Sascha says is an Urban Myth, but is used as an example and warning.

However, do please have your computer checked for security measures, I have
mine done automatically every year :-)) I too have lots of financial
details, plus lots of lists of names and addresses of members of ex Services
Associations which are of course protected by the Data Protection Act and I
am responsible for their security and safety.

Best wishes

Mike