Old 04-06-2009, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Turf or Seed?

On 2009-06-04 16:39:34 +0100, "mo" said:

"Sacha" wrote in message

I agree with this and have done it myself. But do be sure to find a
reputable company so that you get a lawn that at least starts weed
free. I seem to remember someone on here a while ago complaining that a
turf lawn had been laid that produced a lovely crop of weeds a few
weeks later! Word of mouth is the best recommendation, IMO. If Mo
tells us the area in which he lives, there may be people here who can
offer recommendations.
--

I am in Hampshire, a lot of companies seem to do nationwide deliveries tho..

Probably but I'd suggest you ask around locally first and see what
others have to say about quality. If you import turf from hundreds of
miles away it's going to be quite hard to deal with any disappointment,
if there is any.
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.